[omniORB] corbaloc for unix and SSL endpoints

Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:24:02 +0000

On Wednesday 13 March, Nick Murtagh wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 February 2002 12:58, Bastiaan Bakker wrote:
> > I've started browsing the code this weekend. Adding the protocols to the
> > parser looks simple enough. But I'm unsure how to create the omniIOR with
> > the necessary Profiles. A marshal method for the UNIX_TRANS tag does not
> > seem to be available. Any hints would be appreciated.
>
> Did you ever get anywhere with this? I've just realised that I have a
> requirement for using corbaloc with ssl endpoints myself...

There has recently been a proposal, started by Gerald Brose I think,
that all the open source ORBs (JacORB, MICO, TAO, omniORB enlisted so
far) support corbaloc:ssliop:..., and then try to get the OMG to
standardise it later. That gets rid of my main objection to supporting
it.

I'll look into adding it soon, unless Bastiaan has already done it?