[omniORB] Build errors on Win 2000

Vinaya Kavathekar vinaya@marathontechnologies.com
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:57:59 -0500

I tried to build omniORB 3.0.4 on a Windows 2000 system and ran into the
following link error.

----------------------
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "python15_d.lib"
make[3]: *** [omniidl.exe] Error 80
make[3]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/omni/src/tool/omniidl/cxx'
make[2]: *** [export] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/omni/src/tool/omniidl'
make[1]: *** [export] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/omni/src/tool'
make: *** [export] Error 2
----------------------
I've installed minimum Python installation and after doing a complete search
did not see any module called "python15_d.lib" This problem was fixed after
doing a full install of Python 1.5. This maybe an error in the docs. Is
omniORb 3.0.* still being supported? I noticed some of the ftp links in the
documentation don't function.

Also, I'm trying to build release libraries with debug symbols. What's the
best way to achieve this? If I uncomment
#BuildDebugBinary = 1 in the config files, will this also build release
versions with debug symbols?

Thanks,
Vinaya