[omniORB] what happens if orb-destroy() is called before orb-run()

Wed, 06 Mar 2002 18:49:58 +0000

On Tuesday 5 March, "Tobias Eriksson" wrote:

>  Does anyone know what kind of problems I would expect from
> Calling orb->destroy() before orb->run().

There shouldn't be any problems. The call to orb->run() should throw
OBJECT_NOT_EXIST.

What exactly is the error you are seeing?  Try updating to the latest
CVS snapshot of omniORB 3. Some things to do with ORB destruction are
a bit ugly in omniORB 3 (and fixed in omniORB 4), but something simple
like this should work OK.