[omniORB] About building CORBA shared library

Tue, 05 Mar 2002 13:36:33 +0000

On Friday 1 March, zhang ji wrote:

> 1.) Can we build a CORBA shared library under omniORB?
> For some reasons, in my porject I want to implement
> some common classes in shared library, they will be
> loaded from the library when client request.

[...]
>  file: ../omniInternal.cc
>  line: 743
>  info: pof

The problem is that the generated stubs for your interfaces are not
compiled in. Are you definitely linking with them?  If you are, it's
possible that your linker is being too clever for its own good, and
deciding not to link them, since they aren't obviously used. It that's
what is happening, you might find that your linker/compiler has a flag
telling it not to do that. Alternatively, you should be able to
work-around it by explicitly using something from each stub file in
your code, for example creating an instance of a struct.