[omniORB] Two orbs in the same process

Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:29:25 +0000

On Wednesday 27 February, Attila Pletyak wrote:

> Is it possible to create two different ORBs in the same process, both
> having their own clientCallTimeout set differently?

No. The CORBA spec permits a CORBA implementation to support multiple
ORBs in a single process, but it does not require it. omniORB only
supports a single ORB.

Regardless, I don't think using a different ORB would be what you
would want. Object references obtained from one ORB would not be valid
to the other ORB.

What exactly are you trying to do?  It would be very easy to add
support for per-thread timeouts to omniORB 4, if that's what you need.