[omniORB] Autoconf/automake and corba (was: Re: [tao-users] Need Advice)

Donna Maskell Donna.Maskell@udlp.com
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 09:12:50 -0600

As long as we are talking about making the filenames uniform, I'd like
to mention that omniorb doesn't seem to have an option for changing the
suffix on the source code file. I generate code with the -bcxx
-Wbexample options and get .cc files for the source example file.
Unfortunately, I am working on a Windows platform and MSVC++6.0 seems to
want the files to end in .cxx or .cpp. I know there is a way to extend
its ability to recognize additional files as being legitimate C++ files,
but it requires (I think) editing an environmental variable. The IT
department here has a policy that editing certain environmental
variables should only be done by them. (They also have a policy that
prevents me installing a Name Server on my PC, but that's another
story.) Hopefully this is not a common problem, but I would appreciate
staying away from getting IT involved. Is there an option I have
overlooked so that the example source file can be generated with a
user-selected suffix?

Appreciation in advance,

Donna Maskell