[omniORB] Autoconf/automake and corba (was: Re: [tao-users] Need Advice)

Luke Deller ldeller@xplantechnology.com
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 17:58:54 +1100

Dan Kegel wrote:

> They currently let the IDL compiler use whatever suffixes it wants
> for filenames; I think it'd be a lot cleaner to use idl options
> to force the idl compiler to output uniform filenames across all orbs.
> I see that tao's idl compiler has options -hc, -hs, etc. to do this.
> Omniorb's doesn't, but I bet it'd be easy to add them.

Actually, omniORB's IDL compiler has these options:
   -Wbh=<suffix>     Specify suffix for generated header files
   -Wbs=<suffix>     Specify suffix for generated stub files
   -Wbd=<suffix>     Specify suffix for generated dynamic files

(the above was copy & pasted from the output of "omniidl -bcxx -u").

Regards,
Luke.