[omniORB] interprocess comm

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Sat Jun 29 17:18:01 2002

On Saturday 29 June, hbucher@buffalo.edu wrote:

> So, what's the status of this interprocess speedup feature at the
> present moment? Are there any omniORB 4 snapshots available for
> download? Any reccommendation for not using it?

omniORB 4 has a Unix domain socket transport that is about 25% faster
than the TCP loopback for client and servers on the same machine.

Ideally, you should get the latest version of omniORB 4 from CVS,
using the instructions at

  http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=51138

Failing that, you can get the now slightly out-of-date beta 1 snapshot
from

  http://www.uk.research.att.com/pub/omniORB/omniORB_40_snapshots/omniORB-4-0-0-beta1.tar.gz

The second beta will be released very soon. It's waiting for me to
finish updating the documentation.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --