[omniORB] Re: omniORB 3.0.5 crash with ZCF

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri Jun 28 22:06:00 2002

On Friday 28 June, Christian Reis wrote:

> Well, I've looked a bit more, and the problem is this. The repository id
> I am looking up is:
>
> IDL:omg.org/PortableServer/ServantLocator:1.0
>
> But the repository ids that omniorb is offering are:
>
> IDL:omg.org/PortableServer/ServantActivator:2.3
> IDL:omg.org/PortableServer/ServantLocator:2.3
> IDL:omg.org/PortableServer/AdapterActivator:2.3
>
> This mismatch causes an ASSERT(0) to be hit. What's the deal, though?

It looks like you are using omniORB 3.0.4 or earlier. In omniORB 3.0.5
and omniORBpy 1.5, the repository ids have changed to use version 1.0,
since they should never have been version 2.3 (an earlier version of
the CORBA spec made this mistake too). The omniORBpy and omniORB
versions must match, otherwise you get errors like this.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --