[omniORB] OmniORB & OmniBroker

baileyk@schneider.com baileyk@schneider.com
Wed Jun 26 15:39:41 2002

I didn't think you could link to two CORBA libraries in the same C++
application, so I'm not sure what you are getting at.  With Java it is
possible since the orb cores can be in a proprietary package and simply
must implement standard interfaces distributed by Sun.  In C++, there is no
interface/implementation separation.  If you tried to link two vendors'
orbs into one process, I have to believe the linker would complain about
multiple definitions of all the names in the CORBA namespace.  If somehow
the linker does not complain, then I am not surprised it does not work at
runtime.

Some C++ ORBs allow the creation of multiple ORB instances, but omniORB is
not one of them.

If I've misunderstood what you are doing, please clarify.

good luck,
Kendall

                    Malge Nishant
                    <MNishant@quark.co.i       To:     omniorb-list@realvnc.com
                    n>                         cc:
                    Sent by:                   Fax to:
                    omniorb-list-admin@r       Subject:     [omniORB] OmniORB & OmniBroker
                    ealvnc.com

                    06/26/2002 03:52 AM

Can I initialise two orbs in a single application????

if I initialise OmniBroker First then ORB_init for OmniORB is returning
NULL;

plz help me :)