[omniORB] Problem with -ORBScanGranularity 0

Henny van Esch henny@xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 21 19:05:15 2002

I have been using OmniOrb to connect to Orbix and TAO servers.

With Orbix I have to use the -ORBScanGranularity 0 option to prevent
connections being closed (Orbix 3.0 does not like that...), but on Windows
the effect appears to be that on calls that take a bit of time OmniOrb goes
into a tight loop consuming 95% CPU time. If the server then runs on the
same machine this makes the server so slow it takes even longer for the
call to return.

Could there be a bug, where the scan granularity setting has an effect to
the reply read loop becoming very tight (e.g. sleep in the loop is set to
zero)?.

I have now set the scan granularity back to 5 secs and the
ORBoutConScanPeriod to a large value to prevent connections to Orbix server
from being dropped.

Any suggestions anybody?

- Henny

Henny van Esch
Managing Director, OCSL International

----------
Optimus, The Management System for the Printing Industry
Optichrome Computer Systems Ltd.
Maybury Road, Woking, United Kingdom
UK: Tel: +44 1483 740233 Fax: +44 1483 760644
NL: Tel: +31 50 3113601 Fax: +31 50 3189249
mailto:h.van.esch@optimus2020.com http://www.optimus2020.com

This email is confidential and personal to the addressee and may not be
forwarded
to other people without my explicit permission.

This is an email from Optichrome Computer Systems Limited. The contents of this
E-mail are intended only for the named recipient and may be privileged or
confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately and do
not copy,
distribute or take any action based on this e-mail.