[omniORB] OmniORB/JacORB Waring for bidir connection

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu Jun 20 09:21:02 2002

On Wednesday 19 June, Thomas Amsler wrote:

> I am using omniORB4 on the server side and JacORB 1.4 beta4 on the
> client side.  After running the client for a while, it generates a
> message like this:
>
> [ WARNING: Received a close connection message on a non bidir connection ]

I assume this message is from JacORB, since omniORB doesn't have a
message like that. It looks like JacORB is surprised by an omniORB
client sending a CloseConnection message. (Although you say omniORB is
the server; are you using callbacks?)  Clients sending CloseConnection
was added in GIOP 1.2; servers have always been meant to send
CloseConnection.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --