[omniORB] a beginner's question

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu Jun 13 15:11:01 2002

On Wednesday 12 June, "Jian Peng" wrote:

> Thank you guys for your reply. After I changed the VC settings, my
> program compiled. And now I have a new question. We have a Linux
> machine running omniORB2.4, and I want to access corba servers from my
> Windows NT machine.

Do you really mean omniORB 2.4?  That was released over 4 and a half
years ago. It is terribly obsolete.

>   Attached is my code to access the naming service
> on the Linux machine - machine name is scooter - from my windows
> machine. I ran my program as:
>
> list2 -ORBInitRef NameService=iioploc://scooter:1358/NameServie

omniORB 2.4 pre-dates the interoperable naming service specification
by about 3 years, so it's hardly surprising that it doesn't support
-ORBInitRef. Also, your syntax is wrong. If you were using omniORB 3
or 4, the command would be

  list2 -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc::scooter:1358/NameService

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --