[omniORB] Library and Applications size

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Jun 12 16:59:01 2002

On Wednesday 12 June, jorgefm@cirsa.com wrote:

> I have a little question about library size. I have compiled the omniORB
> 4.0 with the option --disable-thread-tracing and i get the files:
>
> libomniORB4.so.0.0    size 6007564 bytes
> libomnithread.so.0.0  size   25626 bytes

What platform?  On my Intel Linux machine, the omniORB library with
debugging info and thread tracing is 6057915 bytes. Without debugging
info (but still with thread tracing), it's 2050652 bytes. If I strip
it, it goes down to 1634788 bytes. Still not exactly tiny, but much
smaller.

> If my target platform is an embedded system i have to be aware about size.
> I have checked the compiler flags and always uses -O2 with no debug info
> in the libraries, applications, etc.

I think you should check again...

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --