[omniORB] Library and Applications size

jorgefm@cirsa.com jorgefm@cirsa.com
Wed Jun 12 16:08:01 2002

Hi all,

I have a little question about library size. I have compiled the omniORB
4.0
with the option --disable-thread-tracing and i get the files:

libomniORB4.so.0.0    size 6007564 bytes
libomnithread.so.0.0  size   25626 bytes

I think they are the minimum files i need in my apps to get the corba
omniORB working. With the code generated for the stubs and skeletons i get
easily libs with sizes about 1 MBytes.

If my target platform is an embedded system i have to be aware about size.
I have checked the compiler flags and always uses -O2 with no debug info
in the libraries, applications, etc.

Any suggestion to reduce that ?

Thanks,
Jorge Fernandez