[omniORB] GCC 3.1 exception propagation across shlibs

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it
Mon Jun 10 11:07:01 2002

Hi all,
    we have a fairly complex system  (still) based on OmniORB 3.04. Things
used to run fine on both Linux (SUSE 2.4.7), Solaris and Win2k. Linux
version was developed under gcc 2.95.
Now we adopted gcc 3.1 and soon we discovered that exceptions are not
properly propagated across address spaces when they are thrown/caught by
shared libraries (as opposite to when normal processes are involved, such as
echo examples which run fine).
Such exceptions are reported as UNKNOWN on the client side. When no
exceptions are involved, things still work fine.
While we will investigate further within a few days (and certainly OmniORB
itself is not involved), I will appreciate any suggestion to workaround this
issue.
Thanks,
                                             Renzo Tomaselli
TecnoTP s.n.c. Special Information System Design
Maso Pelauchi I38050 Ronchi Valsugana,  Trento TN  ITALY
Tel. +39 0461 773164      Fax. +39 0461 771514
e-mail: renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it