[omniORB] Help with omniidl compilation.

vaibhav jha vaibhav1jha@rediffmail.com
Sat Jun 8 08:30:02 2002

I am using omniorbpy 1.4,winnt server 4.0 and activestate python
2.1.1.

My earlier attempts to compile .idl files with omniidl returned
the following error:

Omniidl:Error running preprocessor.

To counteract my previous problem i compiled example_echo.idl
as:

C:\>omniidl.exe -Yd:\omni\bin\x86_win32\omnicpp.exe -bpython
d:\omni\bin\x86_win
32\example_echo.idl

This returned no errors byt instead of saving it in package
example and example_poa 2 new directories globalidl and
_GlobalIDL_POA have been created. These directories only contain
_init__.py files and nothing else.

Please Help me trace the problem.

Regards
Vaibhav Jha.