[omniORB] omniNames

William H Jones enjones@lerc.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 5 22:31:00 2002

Warren,

> it replies with the correct ior.
> But if I do
>
> nameclt resolve development/internal/mail
> it comes back with the pop-mail-01 ior.

  I misunderstood your sentence to say that it comes
back with the IOR of the pop-mail-01 naming context,
which is entirely what I would have expected.  Indeed
a leap beyond to the an unpredictable ultimate mail instance
is not what I would hope for.

  I looked over the omniNames source (I think I'm at
about 3.0.4) and resolve, resolve_compound, resolve_simple
look like they ought to work as I expect.

  As for my example and your street to work analogy, in my
case and early gate in the traversal assures that I will get
to an instance of the right kind, the random selection is only
about which server of many gets to serve the instance.  It is
if I worked for IBM,  but any IBM office near my home would do
on any given day.

Time for greater lights to shine I suppose....

Sorry,

Bill