[omniORB] How can I creat a hot-standby name service?

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Jul 24 14:03:01 2002

On Tuesday 23 July, "zlr" wrote:

> In our new development we replaced Orbix with Omniorb. We wrote our own
> daemon which peforms similar functions to the Orbix Daemon. The only main
> difference is that we are forced to use a Name Service. Now we want to do
> the same thing as before i.e we want a fail safe for the NameService which
> will reside on each DS. Let me explain the logic of our Daemon we have
> written.

Do you really need the name service?  Why do you think you are forced
to use it?  It sounds like if you can avoid the name service, using a
simple application specific service instead, you won't have any
problems.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --