[omniORB] can I access ORB 1) within VPN and 2)across a firewall

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Mon Jul 22 16:00:01 2002

On Monday 22 July, "Mohan" wrote:

> I want to know that weather it is possible to access a server ORB 1) within
> a VPN 2) and across a firewall.

CORBA communications just use TCP connections. If your VPN / firewall
allows the connections through it will work; if it doesn't let them
through, it won't work. It all depends what you are trying to do, and
how much control you have over the firewall configuration.

It might help you to be able to pin down the port number the server
listens on, with -ORBpoa_iiop_port in omniORB 3, or -ORBendPoint in
omniORB 4.0.

> If this is possible can you please tell me that where can I find best omni
> example programs on the above topics.

No examples, I'm afraid. It's far to specific to a particular
situation.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --