[omniORB] Problems with the anyExample (SIGABRT)

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Mon Jul 22 15:12:01 2002

On Friday 19 July, Paul Fleischer wrote:

> > Those are exactly the kind of symptoms you get if the compiler and/or
> > C runtime was not compiled with --enable-threads. I'd check that if I
> > were you.
>
> I have checked that, and it is enabled.
> However, I have half solved the problem by using i586_linux_2.0 as
> platform. In this way I only get static libraries (don't know why), but
> then it works.

The i586_linux_2.0 platform file is really obsolete, and comes from
the time of gcc 2.8.0, which couldn't do shared libraries for
omniORB. I really think it is likely to be the C++ runtime library
that is broken. Did you compile gcc and g++ yourself?

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --