[omniORB] Windows DLL from stubs/skeleton files?

Lars von Wedel vonWedel@lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jul 19 08:32:01 2002

--------------ECEE3F34C09C3E6B9D96FB9B

Hi,

I know there have been numerous posts on this list on how
to generate a Windows DLL from the stubs/skeletons generated
by omniidl. However, it seems there is no search engine to
the mailing list anymore!?

I have some rather basic questions:

 i) Are the approaches to use a .def file and to
    use the DLL export macros within the IDL files
    alternatives or must they be used together?

ii) I tried to extract the symbols from the DLL
    via dumbin.exe. However, there seemed to be
    symbols missing and the linker complains about
    several symbols extracted. I have no clue which
    symbols to remove and where to get the missing
    ones from!?

Any help is appreciated,

Lars
--------------ECEE3F34C09C3E6B9D96FB9B

begin:vcard
n:von Wedel;Lars
tel;fax:++49 241 8092326
tel;work:++49 241 8095240
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
org:RWTH Aachen;Lehrstuhl fuer Prozesstechnik
adr:;;Turmstrasse 46;52064 Aachen;;;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vonWedel@lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
fn:Lars von Wedel
end:vcard