[omniORB] clwrapper error on w2k

Ivanov, Roumen Roumen.Ivanov@drkw.com
Wed Jul 17 12:42:01 2002

I had the problem a couple of months ago when I got a new computer and I
migrated from NT to 2000. I finally reinstalled my Windows 2000. If I could
remember correctly, the second time I didn't apply some security patch from
February.
I think the problem in some misfortunate interaction between sygwin and
Windows 2000. The problem is that clwrapper couldn't spawn the cl process.
The message from clwrapper is a kind of misleading.

Roumen

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Grisby [mailto:duncan@grisby.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 12:41
To: Andrey Koubychev
Cc: omniorb-list@realvnc.com
Subject: Re: [omniORB] clwrapper error on w2k

On Tuesday 16 July, Andrey Koubychev wrote:

> I get the following error , after i type `make export` in \src\.
> If copy cl command string, go to Sources/omni/src/tool/omniidl/cxx/cccp
> and exec it from command line directly than file compiled successfully.
> My collegue on NT4 don't have this problem. What could that be ?

This problem has been reported before, but I don't think anyone has
come up with a definitive answer. It definitely works on some Win2K
machines.

The only thing I can think of is that you have something else called
"cl" on the path used by cygwin. It seems pretty unlikely, though.

Perhaps you should try the usual Windows fix of uninstalling and
reinstalling everything?

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --