[omniORB] excluding non-local objects

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it
Mon Jul 15 08:45:02 2002

Hi all,
    within an architecture made up of many distributed components I happens
that some of them MUST be colocated because of security reasons, e.g. they
should not be capable of being contacted from foreign address spaces.
Even in such cases we want to retain the same procedure to develop them: UML
design -> IDL -> OmniIDL -> C++ implementation instead of straight
publishing a local C++ interface.
Saying an object is not published in any repository is not enough because we
all know how to make an IOR once the obj key schema is known or stolen,
unless it is truely random.
I know about dirty tricks such as using object keys embedding hints such as
local pointers/keys.
However I wonder if just skipping object registration with its POA is enough
to prevent this object to be contacted by remote processes while being
capable of working as a local entity.
Another complementary question: is there any mehtod (even OmniORB private)
to enumerate objects activated by a remote POA ?
Thanks for any suggestion,
                                             Renzo Tomaselli
TecnoTP s.n.c. Special Information System Design
Maso Pelauchi I38050 Ronchi Valsugana,  Trento TN  ITALY
Tel. +39 0461 773164      Fax. +39 0461 771514
e-mail: renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it