[omniORB] COMM Exception

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Jul 3 16:29:01 2002

On Wednesday 26 June, Richard Hardgrave wrote:

> 	The trace output, below, may be a result of another
> problem happening earlier, but I would like to know just
> what it is trying to tell me.  I'm particularly curious about
> the "close socket no. -1" statement.  Is this something that
> can occur under normal circumstances, or has the system
> already gone to hell in a handbasket, at that point?

That is concerning. It's difficult figure out what's going on from the
trace. The minor 146 in the omniConnectionBroken exception is an errno
value. What does it mean on your platform?

> 	The process invoking this servant is multithreaded.
> All calls to the methods in the servant are going to execute
> sequentially, right?

Wrong. Unless you are using a POA with the single thread policy, the
servant will have concurrent requests made to it.

> 	I suppose it wouldn't hurt to upgrade to 3.0.4 ?

3.0.5 in fact. I think it's a very good idea to upgrade to that before
you spend too much time looking into what's going on.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --