[omniORB] Callback in JavaIDL

Ivan Ivanov ivan.ivanov@trema.com
Wed Jul 3 13:02:05 2002

Duncan,
Thanks for the reply and for your time! Now that I am
aware of it I will find how to workaround the issue!

Cheers,
Ivan

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Grisby [mailto:duncan@grisby.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 1:51 PM
To: Ivan Ivanov
Cc: omniorb-list@realvnc.com
Subject: Re: [omniORB] Callback in JavaIDL

On Wednesday 26 June, "Ivan Ivanov" wrote:

> Using omniORB2.8 and JavaIDL (Sun's ORB) we discovered a very strange
> behaviour on when the callback calls the server again.  The program is
> more complicated and I am goind to inpect it again very carefuly, but
> I wanted to ask you all if someone has already encountered a similar
> behaviour. Looks like a race condition...

I believe JavaIDL reuses the existing connection to the server in these sorts of recursive calls. omniORB versions prior to omniORB 4 did not cope with this, since they assume there is only one call in flight on a connection at a time. The solutions are to update to omniORB 4, or use a Java ORB that can be configured to open new connections rather than reusing connections that already have a call in flight.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --