[omniORB] CosNaming.idl

Olaf Meding olaf@tomotherapy.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:15:59 -0600

One of our ORB vendors (Vertel eORB) claims that we need to IDL compile the
CosNaming.idl file of whatever naming service we use (OpenORB in our case).
I do not understand why I would or should have to do this.  Aren't the
naming service functions specified by the CORBA standard?  I do not compile
said  file with omniORB, yet have no problem connecting to the OpenORB
naming service.

Even if I did have to compile a CosNaming.idl file, shouldn't that file be
supplied by OMG rather then by each ORB (naming service) vendor?

Thanks much in advance for clarifying.

Olaf