[omniORB] Marshall exception with Any type

Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:41:00 +0000

On Wednesday 30 January, "Sandrine BRISSON-HUART" wrote:

> When I create a Any variable and pass it to the server, I get a Marshall
> exception.

The Any contains a valuebox (a StringValue). omniORB does not support
objects by value, so it complains. If you can change your application
to not use valuetypes -- just sending a raw string in the Any in this
example -- it will work with omniORB. If you have to use valuetypes,
I'm afraid you're out of luck with omniORB.