[omniORB] MFC+omniORB3004 rootContext->resolve(name) crash

Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:35:18 +0000

On Friday 25 January, Alexios Ballas wrote:

[...]
> I am taking the SAME code and putting it in my MFC application.
> Everything compiles good, but when I run the program an "unknown exception"
> is thrown at this line:
> rootContext->resolve(name)

Try running the program with command line arguments -ORBtraceLevel 10.
That will print out what the exception is, and where it is thrown
from.

It's possible that the problem is something to do with conflicting
DLLs / debug information. Make sure your project is using
"Multithreaded DLL" and that you're using the correct debug/non-debug
version of omniORB to match your application code.