[omniORB] Unexpected abort coming from omni_thread_wrapper

Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:57:22 +0000

On Tuesday 29 January, Antoine Thierry wrote:

> After some other tests, i've found that the abort is just next an exception
> throwing : omniConnectionBroken (minor 0) which is throwed by
> tcpSocketMTfactory.cc:1076
> but, i don't understand why this exception is called .. even my client
> program terminates good..

omniConnectionBroken is thrown whenever a TCP connection is broken by
a client going away. It's meant to be caught by code higher up the
call chain. The fact that it causes an abort for you suggests that
your compiler's exception handling is broken, most likely because it
is not thread safe. What platform and compiler are you using?