[omniORB] Firewall/NAT piercing

Jani Niittukari jani.niittukari@saraxa.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:44:30 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to call services behind a NAT.
Consider the
following setup:

"client (10.0.0.100) --> Firewall/NAT --> naming service
(192.168.1.100)"

If IOR of naming service (or some other service) is
published to the client
it contains unresolvable host IP (192.168.1.100). Is it
possible to use
-ORBendPoint parameter to override the IP with name
(giop:tcp:service:1234).
And if port (1234) is used does it mean that all CORBA
invocations (within
that ORB) are directed through just one port i.e. I could
reserve port 1234
for all invocations?

Thanks,

Jani

oin.cgi/OmniOrb4DevelopmentStatus#line504

Details about Unix domain socket things are elsewhere on the
same
page.