[omniORB] OmniORB3 and multiple network interfaces

ml ml@knorke.in-berlin.de
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:54:19 +0100

Hallo,

I'm new to OmniORB3, so I hope this is a FAQ:

We are developing an OmniORB3 based server.  The machine has
more than one network interface.  Unfortunately, the IOR
string contains the "wrong" IP number.  In fact, we may have
up to three interfaces, say eth0, ppp0, and xxx0.  Both eth0
and ppp0 should be in the IOR string, but not xxx0, because
it has a "local" IP address assigned (192.168.x.y).  How can
this be done with OmniORB3?  I'm sure, that this is a
common problem with a standard solution, right?

Thanks in advance, cheers!