[omniORB] Extracting object ref. from TypeAny

humbein@gmx.de humbein@gmx.de
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:34:36 +0100 (MET)

This is a MIME encapsulated multipart message -
please use a MIME-compliant e-mail program to open it.

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format -
bitte verwenden Sie zum Lesen ein MIME-konformes Mailprogramm.

--========GMXBoundary279421011868476

Hi,

I have asked about this thing some time ago in comp.object.corba but then
hadn't any
time to test the answer given.

Newsarchive of google (hope this link works, perhaps you gotta cut the
newline):
http://groups.google.de/groups?hl=de&th=dd759050c10bc9bc&seekm=3C347A7F.2080703%40ics.forth.gr

Today I took a look at it, and it almost worked everything fine, except I
got the
following linkage error:
+ /usr/bin/g++ -o project_client -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused
-Wl,-rpath,../../../../lib/i586_linux_2.0_glibc2.1
-L../../../../lib/i586_linux_2.0_glibc2.1 project_client.o
../../../../stub/projectSK.o -lomniORB3 -lomniDynamic3 -ltcpwrapGK
-lomnithread
-lpthread -lCOS3 -lCOSDynamic3
project_client.o: In function `PushConsumer_impl::push(CORBA::Any const &)':
project_client.o(.text+0x220c): undefined reference to
`operator>>=(CORBA::Any const
&, _objref_EventData *&)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [project_client] Error 1

The codesnippet just looks like the following:
EventData_ptr event;
if (data >>= event)
	cout << "yes" << endl;
else
	cout << "nope" << endl

I assume I have forgotten any libary to include, but as I found out AnyType
for
constructed types are defined in the dynamic-libs. Therefore I included
everything I
could actually find...

Thanks a lot for your help if you know any answer for that.
Peter.

http://www.gmx.net
--========GMXBoundary279421011868476
"