[omniORB] SSL and omniORB4 and JacORB

Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:38:25 +0000

On Thursday 10 January, "David Bellette" wrote:

> That sounds like the hard way. Should it all be this hard? Being new
> to SSL, I'm not really sure, but having looked at some other code
> that has implemented SSL, it's only a few lines of code.

Well, it would probably only be hard because nobody had done it
before. Once the right incantations for OpenSSL were figured out, it
could be made an option in omniORB's SSL support, so using it would
only require a few lines of code.

[...]
> Do you know if OpenORB is free? They have a commercial version
> available - does this mean I have to use that for commercial
> applications, or only if I want commercial support?

They seem to have it dual licensed under a BSD-like license and a
commercial license. As far as I can see, it's perfectly fine to use
the free version in a commercial product.