[omniORB] compiling omniorb with cygwin

Stitcher, Andrew astitcher@orchestream.com
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:02:04 -0000

Snip, snip

> I've started work on an autoconf set-up for omniORB 4, so things
> should be simpler (?) when that's done. I think I remember seeing that
> there are problems with the Cygwin pthread implementation that prevent
> omniORB from working. That might be fixed by now.

There is no reason why you couldn't use the existing NT configuration of
omni_thread, but compiled with cygwin. This would avoid relying on the
unstable cygwin pthreads implementation.

(There used to be the problem that the cygwin compilers linked against an
old version of the C runtime lib that didn't have the requisite
beginthreadex stuff, but I'm fairly sure that recent versions don't have
this problem anymore)

I did look at this a few years ago, and the only real problem appeared to be
the threading stuff I just mentioned.

Andrew
Andrew Stitcher
Director of Software Development
T: +44 (0)20 7348 1510
Orchestream
Avon House, Kensington Village, Avonmore Road, London W14 8TS
T: +44 (0)20 7348 1500 F: +44 (0)20 7348 1501
www.orchestream.com

--
This communication contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the individual/s and/or entity or entities to whom it was intended to be addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this transmission is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately, delete this communication from your system, and do not disclose its contents to any third party, or use its contents.  Any opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Orchestream Ltd or its group of companies unless otherwise specifically stated.