[omniORB] Re: omniORB 3.0.4 on debian, name service runs on port 8088

Bang, Steinar Steinar.bang@tandbergtv.com
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:30:39 +0100

Errrm... that email slipped away before it was finished.
Sorry!

As I was saying:

> Platform:	Intel PIII 797MHz, debian testing (updated yesterday)
> 		omniorb 3.0.4, installed from debian unstable packages
> 		JacORB 1.3.30, Blackdown Java SDK 1.3
>
> I have downloaded the debian unstable packages for omniORB 3.0.4
> 	<http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/omniorb.html>
> 	<http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/omniorb-dev.html>
> and installed them directly using dpkg.
>
> The reason I upgraded, was that I was unable to get JacORB to
> speak to the omniORB 2.8 naming service, and that the combination
> of omniORB 3.0.2 and JacORB 1.3.30 works fine on a RedHat 7.2
> machine.
>
> JacORB and omniORB still won't communicate on the debian box,
> however.  The reason is that the naming service on the 3.0.4
> omniORB installed from the debian package runs on port 8088.
>
> The /etc/omniORB.cfg file initially looked like this:
> 	ORBInitialHost no-video2.oslo.tandbergtv.lan
> 	ORBInitialPort 8088
> I changed it to
> 	ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname::localhost
> (which is the content of this file on the RedHat box),
> and stopped and started the daemon with
> 	/etc/init.d/omniorb stop
	/etc/init.d/omniorb start

But according to lsof -i, the naming service was still
running on port 8088.  The only effect I got from
changing the omniORB.cfg file, was that my C++ clients
could no longer contact the naming service. :-)

Does anyone know what I have to change to make the
naming service run on port 2809 with this package?
Will I have to build it from source?

Thanx!

- Steinar

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL to
TANDBERG Television. If received in error please notify the sender and
destroy the original message and attachments.