[omniORB] corbaloc/corbaname

Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:23:09 +0000

On Friday 22 February, Nick Murtagh wrote:

> > The object is now available as corbaloc::host.name:port/example. You
> > should pin down the port number with -ORBpoa_iiop_port in omniORB 3 or
> > -ORBendPoint in omniORB 4.
>
> Is there any way to specify this from within a program? Without having to
> mangle argc and argv? If not I suppose I can just write some kind of a
> wrapper.

In omniORB 3, you have to mangle argc/argv. omniORB 4 supports an
extension to ORB_init() where you can pass in an extra set of
parameters. See the Wiki page for details:

  http://www.uk.research.att.com/cgi-bin/omni-wiki/moin.cgi/OmniOrb4DevelopmentStatus

That interface isn't exposed to Python yet, but it's much easier to
cook up a new argv list in Python than it is in C++, so it's not a big
deal.