[omniORB] same IOR in omniORB 3.x for multible runs

Andreas Kuester kuester@ivi.fhg.de
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:19:12 +0100

Hi there proffesionals,

hopefully i am not of topic in a omniORB2 list but i need badly help:

some time ago i changed to a new version of omniORB and i use now the POA-
modell. So far anything is working fine between my server and clients.. so
long as i use a naming service.
But now i have a project, where i'm unable to use it and i need, when the
server starts the same IOR anytime, so that the clients have no trouble to
find the server back.
With the "old" omniorb i called the constructor of my object with the key i
createt once or a nullpointerkey. And the port a set constant with the -
port something option while starting the server.
A option close to the old is still workig but i cant fix the variable part
of the IOR, cause the init-trick dosn't work anymore.
Anyone maybe can help me with this ?

I was searching already in the omniORB databases.. but nothing .....

So i am in hope to find an answer here....

tank you guys ....

Andreas