[omniORB] omniORB4: deadlock in giopServer / SocketCollection

Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:06:26 +0000

On Thursday 14 February, "Bastiaan Bakker" wrote:

[...]
> On this machine I get EBADFs once in a few thousand calls, which is
> quite often, considering the race condition involved. OTOH, on another
> machine, running Linux 2.2.15, I didn't get any during 200.000 calls.
> This is what makes debugging multihreaded code such a joy :-)
> BTW, is your set of tests available somwhere? I like to run it on the
> 'problematic' X1 to see if more race conditions will pop up.

For this specific problem I was just using tests based on the things
you mentioned. For wider-ranging tests, try the CORBA Open Source
Testing project. It contains our omniORB testuite and lots of other
things. The ORBacus tests work well with omniORB and test a wide range
of things. COST lives at

  http://cost.omg.org/

Unfortunately, it seems to be dead at the moment, but with any luck it
will be back again soon.