[omniORB] omniORBpy (bin. dist) on Windows NT

Laurent Pointal laurent.pointal@lure.u-psud.fr
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:13:00 +0100

------=_NextPartTM-000-4373c162-1f93-11d6-91a7-00b0d03b119d

--=====================_67688220==_.ALT

At 18:31 14/02/2002 +0100, Marc Balmer wrote:

>>Make sure you have the path to _omnipy.dll in your PYTHONPATH variable or
>>python's sys.path. Python is trying to load _omnipy and can't find it.
>
>Strange thing, I do not have _omnipy.dll.  There is only a file _omnipy.pyd.
>
>Is this DLL missing from the binary distribution or did I mess something
>up?

Its ok, _omnipy.pyd IS a DLL, renamed with .pyd to identify it as a Python
extension.

try to start Python, ant to type:

 >>> import sys
 >>> for i in sys.path : print i
..

It list PYTHONPATH directories, and you must have the directory which
contains _omnipy.pyd in this list. If not, your PYTHONPATH is bad.

Note: on Windows, you can set-up PYTHONPATH in the registry at
HKLM\Software\Python\PythonCore\2.x\PythonPath
You can modify the unamed (default) string associated to this key, or you
can create subkeys containing unamed (default) strings which are
automatically append to the base PYTHONPATH - this allow to split the
PYTHONPATH by package location (a subkey by package), I prefer this to a
long string containing all.

Hope this help.

A+

Laurent.

---
Laurent POINTAL - CNRS/LURE - Service Informatique Experiences
Tel/fax: 01 64 46 82 80 / 01 64 46 41 48
email  : laurent.pointal@lure.u-psud.fr  ou laurent.pointal@laposte.net

--=====================_67688220==_.ALT

At 18:31 14/02/2002 +0100, Marc Balmer wrote:<br><br>
sure you have the path to _omnipy.dll in your PYTHONPATH variable
or<br>
python's sys.path. Python is trying to load _omnipy and can't find
it.</blockquote><br>
Strange thing, I do not have _omnipy.dll.&nbsp; There is only a file
_omnipy.pyd.<br><br>
Is this DLL missing from the binary distribution or did I mess
something<br>
up?</blockquote><br>
Its ok,  _omnipy.pyd IS a DLL, renamed with .pyd to identify it as a
Python extension.<br><br>
try to start Python, ant to type:<br><br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; for i in sys.path : print i<br>
..<br><br>
which contains _omnipy.pyd in this list. If not, your PYTHONPATH is
bad.<br><br>
Note: on Windows, you can set-up PYTHONPATH in the registry at
HKLM\Software\Python\PythonCore\2.x\PythonPath<br>
You can modify the unamed (default) string associated to this key, or you
can create subkeys containing unamed (default) strings which are
automatically append to the base PYTHONPATH - this allow to split the
PYTHONPATH by package location (a subkey by package), I prefer this to a
long string containing all.<br><br>
Hope this help.<br><br>
A+<br><br>
Laurent.<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
---<br>
Laurent POINTAL - CNRS/LURE - Service Informatique Experiences<br>
Tel/fax: 01 64 46 82 80 / 01 64 46 41 48<br>
email&nbsp; : laurent.pointal@lure.u-psud.fr&nbsp; ou
laurent.pointal@laposte.net<br>

------=_NextPartTM-000-4373c162-1f93-11d6-91a7-00b0d03b119d--