[omniORB] Problem: no matching function for call to CosNaming::BindingList_var::length()

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:22:43 -0800

Stefan Seefeld (seefeld@sympatico.ca) wrote:
> > I'm having problems with OmniOrb 3 and iterating through
> > a naming context. ...
> > corbaftpbench.cc:125: no matching function for call to
> > `CosNaming::BindingList_var::length ()
> >         CorbaPlatoon_var *platoons = new CorbaPlatoon_var[bl.length()];
> > What gives? Hopefully I just made some newbie mistake.
>
> * you don't access the length of bl the way you do, but instead you
>    dereference the sequence first. Read: bl->length() instead of
>    bl.length(). (Again, don't let the fact that the sequence is wrapped
>    by a smart pointer fool you !)

D'oh!  Yep, bl->length() works.  Thanks for helping me out
of my newbie jam.  Now if only the compiler were so helpful.
(I knew there was a reason I disliked smart pointers...)
- Dan