[omniORB] omniORBpy (bin. dist) on Windows NT

Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:34:39 +0000

On Thursday 14 February, Marc Balmer wrote:

> > Make sure you have the path to _omnipy.dll in your PYTHONPATH
> > variable or python's sys.path. Python is trying to load _omnipy
> > and can't find it.
>
> Strange thing, I do not have _omnipy.dll.  There is only a file
> _omnipy.pyd.
>
> Is this DLL missing from the binary distribution or did I mess something
> up?

No, _omnipy.pyd is the correct name. It is actually a DLL, but Python
looks for .pyd before .dll. Are you sure you have the directory with
_omnipy.pyd on your PYTHONPATH?  If so, try setting the PYTHONVERBOSE
environment variable to 1 before running Python. That will print a
huge trace of where Python is looking for things, which might help.

One thought is that you said you installed both Python 2.1 and 2.2.
The binaries we distribute are only for Python 2.1, so if you're
trying to use them with 2.2, that would explain the problem.