[omniORB] omniNames won't work

Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:27:35 +0000

On Thursday 14 February, Bartlomiej Rymarski wrote:

> I have pretty big problems with running it. This is the problem:
> (Yes, I've read the README, INSTALL files, and also looked at
> the archive list)

Now you mention it, I've noticed that the README files are terribly
out of date about configuring omniNames. The instructions should still
work, but they are deprecated. The correct instructions are in chapter
1 of the omniORB manual. Anyway, that's not the source of your
problem.

> (on omniNames term I got 'refused connect from 127.0.0.1')

It looks like your /etc/hosts.deny file is denying access from the
localhost for some reason. What do you have in /etc/hosts.deny and
/etc/hosts.allow?