[omniORB] Creating objects with simple object keys

Roy Ward rward@infoscience.otago.ac.nz
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:28:47 +1300

I'm trying to set up a CORBA server running with a fixed name on
a fixed port so that I can access it without going through the
naming server.

Section 4.5 in the 3.0.4 Manual indicates that to do this:

"The second is to create objects with the required keys yourself.
You do this with a special POA with the name `omniINSPOA',
acquired from resolve_initial_references()."

How exactly is this "aquiring" done?

I've tried using "omniINSPOA" instead of "RootPOA" as the
paramater to resolve_initial_references and I just get a
PortableServer Wrong Policy exception.

I've tried looking in the mailing list archives, but they seem to be
broken at the moment (I get the number of matches, but no actual
results).

Cheers,
Roy Ward.