[omniORB] More on omniORB4 on Mac OSX

Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:56:37 +0000

On Friday 1 February, William Noon wrote:

> Following Duncan's suggestion of an overzealous link optimizer, I added
> an OMNI_EXPORT_LINK_FORCE_SYMBOL(poa); to poa.cc and OMNI_FORCE_LINK(poa);
> to (for want of a better place) corbaOrb.cc.

I don't suppose these issues go away with the flat-namespace option do
they?

Getting things to work with Python may require compiling Python's
main() with C++, which would be a shame.

> Here is a patch to the net interface discovery code to handle variable length
> ifreq structures.  It is pretty much right out of Stevens:

Did you require that patch for the code to work?  The sockaddr struct
on Linux (and probably others) doesn't have an sa_len member, so the
patched code fails to compile. I haven't looked into it any further at
the moment.