[omniORB] corbaloc/corbaname

Nick Murtagh murtaghn@tcd.ie
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 18:30:44 +0000

On Thursday 07 February 2002 16:47, bjorn rohde jensen wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>  I suppose, it is a bit pedantic, but i don't like the idea of feeding
> host names and such to CORBA, which is supposed to abstract this sort
> of thing, by using corbaname URI's in the actual applications.
>  Secondly, the name service can do more than simply provide a
> key-object mapping. It also provides iterators for exploring the naming
> graph, although, i doubt, many actually do that sort of thing.

Ok, here's my situation. I'm writing a mail server in CORBA. It uses email
addresses similar to internet mail, in that the server name is part of the
address. When sender a message to a remote server, you need to contact
that server across the Internet. Can you explain how to do this without using
corbaname? [In case this scenario sounds weird, it's for a final year project
in college, not a real world application]

Nick