[omniORB] bug report: data alignment error in giopStream.cc

Wed, 06 Feb 2002 17:04:27 +0000

On Wednesday 6 February, "Bastiaan Bakker" wrote:

> I ran into yet another bug which can crash omniORB4 corba servers. It's =
> a data alignment problem in ensureSaneHeader() in giopStream.cc. Line =

Thanks for your continued bug reports. I'm still away, but I'll look
at them when I get back next week.

> Does any of the omniORB developers know whether in other places similar =
> flawed assumptions about alignment may have been made?

There may well be other similar bugs. All of the transport code in
omniORB 4 is new, so it's bound to have a few bugs. It has been
extensively tested, including for interoperability with other ORBs,
but there are, as you are finding, still some problems. That's why
it's still in pre-release rather than even beta.