[omniORB] Initialization suggestions ...

Richard Hardgrave richard.hardgrave@teradyne.com
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:40:17 -0600 (CST)

> From murtaghn@tcd.ie Tue Feb  5 17:27 CST 2002
> From: Nick Murtagh <murtaghn@tcd.ie>
> To: richard.hardgrave@teradyne.com
> Subject: Re: [omniORB] Initialization suggestions ...
> Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 23:27:03 +0000
> Cc: omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
>
> On Tuesday 05 February 2002 22:20, Richard Hardgrave wrote:
> > Greetings,
> > 	I'm having a minor problem trying to decide just
> > how to overcome a somewhat unconventional network
> > configuration to establish CORBA communications among
> > platforms.
>
> [snip]
>
> I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to achieve, but what about
> using a corbaname URI with the hostname or IP address
> to connect to the omniNames process running on the appropriate
> host?

Ah. That's the 'rub'.  Until now, there has never been anything
unique about any of the applications on any of the hosts in the
customer's network.
Each host has had specific domain differences, but this was only
determined by the data loaded into the database on each machine.
Each machine has always performed identical tasks, but on different
data.  If a particular machine needed some other machine's data,
it just went out to broadcast to ask which one was responsible
for the unique data.  Don't ask ... The system was designed
10 years ago and hasn't changed much, since.

Regards,

Richard