[omniORB] Use of DynAny in 3.0.4

Manning, Kevin J kevin.manning@roke.co.uk
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 09:48:32 -0000

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

I need to be able to compare two Any values for equality.  The DynAny type has an equality function called equal that compares two DynAny values.  However this is not part of the OmniORB 3.0.4 implementation.  I believe from the OmniORB 4 status page that this will be provided.  These differences are probably due to diferences in the CORBA 2.2 and 2.5 specifications.  What is the best way forward?  Is any of the version 4 code for DynAny::equal reusable in version 3?  I am not able to move to version 4, due to timescales for testing and I am not sure if I am brave enough to use OmniORB 4 (i.e. that it is sufficiently stable) - unless you can convince me that I am being paranoid.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to Roke
Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without permission. This
communication is for information only and shall not create or change any contractual
relationship.

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary--