[omniORB] Object Reference for Santa

JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen) jhje@novonordisk.com
Sat Dec 28 14:59:01 2002

> Ho ho ho,

He, he, he :-)

> am I the only one in this newsgroup who has to work over Christmas?

Probably! All us other elves have ADSL and work from home, so now we don't
call it work; just "keeping in touch" :-).

> from where can I get an object reference for Santa?
> Any help is appreciated.

Well, it so happens that cosnaming.northpole.org (which is actually an alias
for cosnaming.greenland.gl where Santa _really_ lives) runs a standard
naming service that you may use. Lookup

  persons.maybe-mythical/x-mas/santa

Please note that the reference is only valid throughout December each year,
and that the implementation may or may not be threadsafe - the
implementation is acausal in order for performance to reach a satisfactory
level. A side effect of this is that your wish list may be granted _before_
you have sent it. Please remember to send it anyway as failure to do so may
cause random crashes - at _your_ end!

> Merry Christmas

And you too :-).

-- Jan